Monday, September 13, 2010

Hang on, here we go !!

Ok, so its been three long years since we bought the property. So many ups and downs to get to this point. BUT here we are. The plan is to get the house started and the garage up so we can store our stuff there while we live in our little trailer. So this past weekend we have been working on getting the trailer ready to move into. It is an older travel trailer that has not been used for about 10 years. So we had to evict some spiders and other creepy crawlers with the aid of some bug bombs. We started to rip out the old carpeting so we can put a laminate floor down. We knew there was a little bit of water damage from a spot near a window, so saturday we went prepared to pull some of the paneling away assess and repair.
How silly I was to think it would be that easy! As Mark pulled the paneling away the damage went further down the wall and onto the adjoining wall and up to the sliding glass door. Sigh....
So tore out what needed to be done and made of list of materials. Sunday went to Monticellos meeting and we to work to repair the damage. Mark was able to repair and insulate all the damaged area so now just need to replace paneling and put floor down. I spent the day alternating between watching him work and pulling a multitude of staples from the floor that held the old carpet.

The plan now is to clean everything and paint the kitchen. I think making it colorful and fun will make the time spent more enjoyable. So turquoise and lime green seem very travel trailer/vacationy fun !
Well that gets this started and I will post as we go along.
Oh yeah did I mention the digging STARTS TODAY !!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I guess since your set on leaving us. I'll keep my eye on ya this way! LOL Glad things are starting to move along now! We get to get a taste of what you did this weekend. We have to rip up the floor and replace studs and various other stuff from water damage. fun fun hopefully ours doesn't go farther back then we think it goes. Have fun breaking ground. Post pics along the way so we can see whats up!

    ReplyDelete