Its been a really busy week. Been to the lot several times this week, plus packing, plus working. I think Mark was there everyday afterwork and all weekend. (except for meeting in Monticello sunday morning after our usual Cracker Barrel Breakfast in Decatur on the way up)
The sand is all in for the foundation backfill. Yesterday (sunday) they started the plumbing that has to be put into the concrete floor. The plan is to get that finished this week and lets hope we can get slab poured this weekend.
Things are progressing but not where I had hoped at this point. REALLY hope this nice weather holds until we can get it under roof, that is our big goal. Once we are under roof we don't have to push quite so hard.
Mike is working so hard to get this accomplished, he really knows his building stuff. (But he should after all these years.) On a side note he is having his last chemo this week and is looking forward to not doing that every week. Makes him pretty sick for few days. I think he has enjoyed doing all this, given him a purpose to get up every morning.
Rented a storage unit so we can start moving things, garage not up obviously and we are running out of weeks. Have moved 3 truckloads of boxes already, Yeah. Still not sure where we are gong to sleep in 3 weeks. So far no electricity, no water. Hmmm just like camping, (will I be running to Caseys in my PJs ???) Just kidding, will get it sorted out I'm sure.
Today is more packing here at the old homestead. I have one room upstairs all packed and another close to it, finish that today. A playhouse has magically appeared in our backyard, sure Sam and Dawne are looking forward to spreading out......glad for them all. Its been a good place to raise a family, but am glad to pass it on to the next one.
No comments:
Post a Comment